- How Do Robotic Pool Cleaners Work?
- Our Recommended Robotic Pool Cleaners for Steps in 2021
- 12) Polaris P825
- 11) Dolphin Nautilus CC
- 10) Dolphin Quantum
- 9) Dolphin Oasis Z5i
- 8) Dolphin Triton PS
- 7) Dolphin Triton PS Plus
- 6) Dolphin Premier
- 5) Dolphin Sigma
- 4) Dolphin Proteus DX3
- 3) Dolphin C3 Commercial
- 2) Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
- 1) Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme
- Do All Robotic Pool Cleaners Clean Steps?
- Will My Pool Cleaner Get Stuck on the Pool Steps?
- How Long Should a Pool Cleaner Last?
- How Often Should I Run My Robotic Pool Cleaner?
- Robotic Pool Cleaner Features
Having your own pool can have several benefits, such as increasing the value of your property and offering you a place to relax and cool off on hot summer days. Owning a pool also means having to clean the pool. You could hire a company to clean it, but that adds up quickly. Rather than spending your time and energy cleaning it yourself, let the robots do it for you with a robotic pool cleaning system.
All robotic pool cleaners vacuum the floor of the pool, but some have difficulty maneuvering the walls, steps and other tricky areas. If your pool has steps, you want to pay attention to the features of each robotic pool cleaner on the market and purchase the one that most fits your needs.
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How Do Robotic Pool Cleaners Work?
Robotic pool cleaners are plugged into an outlet (don’t worry; the cleaner automatically shuts off if it starts to overload) then placed into the pool. The body (bot) of the machine will vacuum up dirt and debris, and the rotating bristles clean the area as the cleaner moves via wheels or tracks.
They are very efficient and don’t require any supervision from you. You can place them in the pool, and it will have the pool cleaned in an hour or two.
Some robotic pool cleaners have remote controls if you want to steer it from a lounge chair.
Our Recommended Robotic Pool Cleaners for Steps in 2021
12) Polaris P825
The Polaris P825 Robotic Pool Cleaner is one of the most versatile and efficient robotic pool cleaners on the market.
You can use this robotic pool cleaner to clean every surface within your pool. This, of course, includes cleaning the floors, walls, waterline, and steps within your pool.
Every little bit of dirt, gunk, and grime within your pool will be brushed up, and then gathered up using the cyclonic vacuuming system. All of this material will flow into a solid filter that you can access as soon as the pool cleaning process is finished. Just detach the filter, empty its contents into the trash, and you’re done!
- Push 'N' Go easy eject solid filter.
- Cyclonic vacuum technology.
- ATV wall cleaning - coves, steps, seats, tile, it doesn't matter!
11) Dolphin Nautilus CC
The Dolphin Nautilus CC is a powerful pool cleaner designed for pools no larger than 33 square-feet.
Right after you turn on this pool cleaner, it will begin moving across the floors, walls, and steps within your swimming pool.
Every single one of those surfaces and spaces will be brushed up. Gunk, grime, and dirt will be loosened up. And then, that material will be sucked into the pool cleaner, allowing you to dispose of it as soon the pool cleaning process is finished.
Even though this pool cleaner is rather small, the filter is large. You can use this filter to remove leaves, bits of grass, and even small sticks.
- Sit back and relax while the Dolphin Nautilus CC robotic vacuum cleans the pool for you. Ideal for small...
- Efficiency is key when it comes to pool cleaning. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are 8x more...
- Dolphin does all the hard work for you. Agile and efficient, the Nautilus CC was designed to clean your pool,...
10) Dolphin Quantum
The Dolphin Quantum is designed for in-ground pools no larger than 50-feet. It is agile, versatile, and efficient. Movement is effortless with this robotic pool cleaner, due to PowerStream Mobility Technology. With this technology, the robotic pool cleaner is capable of cleaning every surface within your pool.
Every surface within your pool is cleaned using a combination of two systems; a powerful scrubbing system, as well as a vacuuming system. Both of these systems work together, in harmony with one another, to remove large messes, bits of dirt and gunk, as well as large pieces of debris and grime.
- Cleaning made convenient. Easy-to-use, light weight in-ground robotic pool cleaner with a weekly scheduler so...
- Cleans with ease. Anti-tangling swivel technology allows the Quantum to move freely around large residential...
- Hugs and scrubs your pool’s walls. PowerStream mobility provides a constant grip on vertical surfaces for...
9) Dolphin Oasis Z5i
The Dolphin Oasis Z5i offers some of the best scrubbing and suction capabilities of any Dolphin robotic pool cleaner.
Removing dirt, gunk, and grime from every surface within your pool is easy. Movement is agile and speedy, with this robotic pool cleaner, allowing you to thoroughly clean every surface and space within your swimming pool.
Every brush and brush bristle this robotic pool cleaner relies on is excellent. All of the dirt, gunk, and grime within your pool is scrubbed off with ease. Then, it is sucked into a large filter, where it can be disposed of as soon as the pool cleaning process is complete.
- Dolphin does all the hard work for you! With the Oasis Z5i, your pool will be left exceptionally clean in just...
- Built to deliver a deep clean. The Oasis Z5i is extremely powerful when it comes to scrubbing your pool’s...
- Pool cleaning has never been easier. Schedule the Oasis Z5i to automatically clean your pool each week using 3...
8) Dolphin Triton PS
The Dolphin Triton PS is a sleek, agile, and efficient robotic pool cleaner. You can use this robotic pool cleaner to clean swimming pools as large as 50-feet. Every surface within your swimming pool can be thoroughly cleaned.
Strong scrub brushes, and a powerful vacuuming system, are the two features this pool cleaner relies on to clean the surfaces in your swimming pool. All of the various bits of dirt, gunk, and grime are removed, as this robotic pool cleaner moves across every surface within your pool.
The entire cleaning process, for a 50-foot pool, takes only two-hours. That’s very quick, and perfect if you want speed.
- Hand off your pool cleaning duties for good! With the Dolphin Triton PS robotic vacuum cleaner, your pool will...
- Built to deliver a deep clean. The Triton PS is powerfully nimble on vertical surfaces for intense wall and...
- Sustainably designed and energy efficient. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are independent...
7) Dolphin Triton PS Plus
The Dolphin Triton PS Plus is just like the Dolphin Triton PS. You can, with this robotic pool cleaner, thoroughly clean every surface within your 50-foot in-ground pool. To accomplish this pool cleaning, the robotic pool cleaner relies on strong brushes and suction.
Since this is the “Dolphin Triton PS Plus”, there’s one key feature this robotic pool cleaner offers that the Dolphin Triton PS does not offer: smartphone functionality. You can control and command this robotic pool cleaner using your smartphone. Just press a button, on your smartphone, and you can choose how this robotic pool cleaner cleans your pool, when it cleans, and what it does.
- Pop-up pool party? No worries, the Dolphin Triton PS Plus robotic pool vacuum has you covered. Equipped with...
- Effortlessly delivers a deep clean. The Triton PS Plus has superior filtering capabilities and is powerfully...
- No extra stuff needed. Unlike the energy hogs that are pressure and suction cleaners, Dolphins are extremely...
6) Dolphin Premier
The Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner is a powerful and efficient robotic pool cleaner. You can use this pool cleaner to clean in-ground pools as large as 50 square-feet.
To clean pools of that size, this robotic pool cleaner relies on CleverClean Technology. CleverClean Technology maps the pool, allowing the robotic pool cleaner to know where it is and where it needs to go.
Powerful dual scrubbing brushes remove the dirt, gunk, and grime on every surface within your pool. All of this material is sucked into the robotic pool cleaner, and into a large filter. Every little bit of material that flows into this filter can be dumped out, after the pool cleaning process.
- Drop and go. Easy to use, single button plug and play in-ground robotic pool cleaner ideal for pools up to 50...
- CleverClean delivers a smart and efficient clean using advanced algorithms for complete pool coverage....
- Powerful, dual scrubbing brushes forcefully attack tough dirt and debris leaving your swimming pool floor,...
5) Dolphin Sigma
The Dolphin Sigma is exceptionally powerful and versatile. You can use this robotic pool cleaner to clean swimming pools as large as 50-feet. For you to do that, you can use your smartphone to access the various features and functions this robotic pool cleaner offers.
To thoroughly clean the floors, walls, waterline, and steps within your pool, this robotic pool cleaner relies on a powerful scrubbing system, and a good vacuuming system. Both systems work extremely well, and make quick work of nearly any mess within your swimming pool. All of what you remove flows into a massive filter, which can be emptied out after the pool cleaning process.
- Hassle-free clean. Easy-to-use, robotic pool cleaner equipped with an anti-tangling swivel cable, allowing...
- No messy bags to clean. Massive top-loading cartridge filters captures and traps fine and ultra-fine debris...
- Powerful, dual scrubbing brushes thoroughly and efficiently attacks tough contaminants removing algae and...
4) Dolphin Proteus DX3
The Dolphin Proteus DX3 is designed for in-ground pools no larger than 33 square-feet. Because of this, if you have a smaller pool that you need to clean quickly, but efficiently, then this is a great robotic pool cleaner to own.
As soon as you turn on this robotic pool cleaner, the floors, walls, and stair steps will start to be scrubbed and vacuumed. All of those surfaces are cleaned in a quick and efficient manner. Both the scrubbing and suction system work well, and make quick work of any messes that happen to be on those surfaces.
Just as with the other Dolphin robotic pool cleaners, all of the loose material flows into a filter. You can empty this filter, as soon as the pool cleaning is complete.
- Clean your pool with the touch of a button. Ideal for swimming pools up to 33 feet, the Proteus DX3 will leave...
- Ditch the pumps and hose. Unlike the energy hogs that are pressure and suction cleaners, Dolphins are plug -...
- The simple way to a clean pool. Agile and efficient, the Proteus DX3 effortlessly scrubs your pool�s floor...
3) Dolphin C3 Commercial
The Dolphin C3 Commercial Robotic Pool Cleaner is a versatile and efficient robotic pool cleaner.
One of the most notable qualities this robotic pool cleaner offers is its filtration system, which consists of a fine filter, as well as an ultra-fine filter. Both of these filters work very well, and make removing all kinds of debris and gunk very easy.
Beyond that, this robotic pool cleaner offers excellent brushing and scrubbing. You can use these systems to clean every surface within your pool, including the stair steps and waterline. That way, when this robotic pool cleaner is finished, your pool is as clean as it can possibly be.
- Hands off cleaning! Easy to use, plug and play commercial robotic pool cleaner ideal for pools up to 50 feet...
- Quick payback on your investment. Reduce man-hours related to pool cleaning allowing more time to be spent...
- Fine (90µ) and ultra-fine (50µ) top load cartridge filters suited for all pool conditions and seasons,...
2) Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is a powerful and versatile robotic pool cleaner. You can use this robotic pool cleaner to clean in-ground pools as large as 50-feet.
To clean pools of that size, and the many surfaces within them, this robotic pool cleaner relies on a dual scrubbing system, as well as a strong suction system. Both scrubbing brushes work together, to remove messes, of all sorts, off of any surface. All of the removed material flows straight into the suction system.
As soon as the pool cleaning is finished, you can access the two cartridge filters on the top. Both of these filters are large and capable of holding lots of material. Just take them, empty them out, and you’re good to go for the next cleaning.
- Hello, free time! Let the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus robotic vacuum cleaner take over your pool cleaning duties...
- The clean you need without the hassle. The Nautilus CC Plus was designed to clean your pool, effortlessly....
- Ditch the pumps and hose. Unlike the energy hogs that are pressure and suction cleaners, Dolphins are...
1) Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme is just like the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus. Kind of. You see, it’s also quite different, and offers a plethora of unique, absolutely fantastic, features.
Accessing and controlling this robotic pool cleaner is easy. You can just use your smartphone and, by doing so, you have complete control over everything this robotic pool cleaner offers.
Every surface in your swimming pool can be cleaned. Even the waterline. All of these surfaces are cleaned using not just two scrub brushes, but three scrub brushes! This makes the entire pool cleaning so much more efficient, as well as so much more elaborate and effective!
- Triple threat cleaning action. Equipped with powerful motors, three scrubbing brushes, and superior filtering...
- Interactive pool cleaning. This premium cleaner is WiFi connected so you can set advanced cleaning schedules,...
- From an impromptu pool party to the calm after a storm, the Nautilus CC Supreme has you covered. Choose...
Do All Robotic Pool Cleaners Clean Steps?
No, some robotic pool cleaners only clean the most basic part by vacuuming the floor. Not all robotic pool cleaners can manipulate corners or steps. Only the ones that have special sensors that alert them to changes in the pool surface can clean hard-to-reach areas.
Will My Pool Cleaner Get Stuck on the Pool Steps?
This depends on the features of your robotic pool cleaner. If it is a basic version that is only meant to clean the bottom of the pool, it can get stuck on the steps. However, if it is a higher-end robotic cleaner that is manufactured to clean steps and other tricky areas, then it should not get stuck. It will have sensors that alert it to obstructions, and it will be able to manipulate steps.
How Long Should a Pool Cleaner Last?
Pool cleaners typically last 3 to 5 years, but the more expensive brands can last up to 8 years. It is important to keep the robotic pool cleaners well-cared for by not leaving it outside in inclement weather and by regularly cleaning the filter.
Robotic pool cleaners don’t have that many replacement parts, so once the main body breaks, you will need to purchase a new one (no warranty left). Given their expense, it is imperative that you use your robotic pool cleaner correctly and store it in a shed or other dry place when it’s not in use. You should also regularly clean the bristles and remove any stuck debris, as that can accumulate and cause the robotic pool cleaner to malfunction.
How Often Should I Run My Robotic Pool Cleaner?
Pools should be cleaned at least once a week, whether you do it manually or with a robotic pool cleaner. If your pool is situated under or near trees, you may need to clean it more frequently, especially after a big storm. Leaves and other debris can get in the pool any time, so use your best judgment on if the pool needs to be cleaned or not.
The Robotic Pool Cleaner works quickly and efficiently. Your pool should be cleaned in under 3 hours with a robotic pool cleaner.
Robotic Pool Cleaner Features
The market for robotic pool cleaners is expanding, and so are the features you can find on the cleaners. High-quality brushes (bristles) are necessary to clean the pool effectively. Rotating brushes are the best option, as they can clean larger surfaces at a time.
If you want a robotic pool cleaner that can clean steps and walls, a cleaner with a climbing ability is a must. Some robotic pool cleaners can only vacuum the bottom of the pool. Other models can climb walls and maneuver steps.
Sensors are an integral part of cleaning the pool steps and other tricky areas. Robotic pool cleaners without sensors can get stuck in corners. If the robotic pool cleaner has sensors, it can deflect away from corners, and you won’t have to worry about it getting stuck and needing to be rescued.
Robotic pool cleaners take the burden of cleaning the pool off of you and lets you enjoy your sparkling, clean pool all season long.
Well, that’s it for this Robotic Pool Cleaner Article. We hope you found it helpful!
If you’re still having trouble deciding the Robotic Pool Cleaner that’s best for you see our full guide on these robotic pool cleaners.
Our Recommended Robotic Pool Cleaners
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Please add any questions or mistakes below in the comment section.
Last update on 2021-04-14 / Most affiliate links and/or Images from Amazon Product Advertising API